This week, a 12-year-old girl from Argentina passed away after participating in the dangerous and widely spread “choking challenge,” which gained popularity on the social media video sharing app TikTok. Her death is one of numerous well-known instances of kids losing their lives after trying to choke themselves till they pass out.
A 12-year-old Argentina girl lost her life after taking the terrible "choking challenge" made popular by TikTok. Let's see, how did Milagros Soto die and her cause of death in detail.#MilagrosSoto
— Medico topics (@MedicoTopics) January 17, 2023
According to family members, Milagros Soto passed away on January 13 in Capitán Bermudez, Santa Fe Province. They described themselves as “inconsolable” and stated they “gave her so much love.” Soto’s body was found in her house after she reportedly took part in the trending “choking” or “blackout challenge” on TikTok. The young child was discovered hanging from an unofficial rope, according to local news source El Litoral. Clout-seekers are encouraged by the fad, one of several viral social media challenges, to practically asphyxiate oneself until they pass out. Medical professionals issue a warning that the risky viral virus may cause fainting, brain damage, seizures, and even death. Soto is one of several kids who have lost their lives while participating in a TikTok challenge.
According to a previous post from The Shade Room, UK teenagers Leon Brown, 14, and Archie Battersbee, 12, both supposedly perished as a result of the same viral craze over the summer. Lauren Keating, Leon’s mother, revealed to the Daily Record that on August 25, she found her son’s lifeless corpse in his room at their Cumbernauld residence.
A legal aid for parents of children hurt by social media, the Social Media Victims Law Center, revealed over the summer that it has filed two wrongful death cases on behalf of two similarly bereaved parents. – Steve Sijenyi